PAX 2015 concluded last weekend with a good amount of announcements that would probably make gamers like me squeal in delight. So what new announcements is worthy of our gamers mark??
- Rise of the Tomb Raider trailer showcases fantastic detail and exciting new gameplay that is making me consider buying a new Xbox so that I can play the game when it comes out. At PAX they showcased a hands on demo of the game and all sources say, this game will be the game to watch out for. Rise of the Tomb Raider will be available for Xbox 360 and One on November 2015, PC in early 2016 and PS4 in late 2016. (The marketing war is real.)
- Final Fantasy XV release will be announced in March. Yes, they made an announcement for the announcement. I guess, FF fans can now rejoice over getting to know when they get to know when the game is coming out. Two new screenshots and a driving gameplay video have also been released and the hype is real.
- Guild Wars 2 is now Free to Play. I have been dying to try out GW2 but the $50 price tag turned me off. What if I didn’t like the game?! But now senpais, you get to play the core game for free! The upcoming expansion Heart of Thorns still requires you to pay $50 and there are some account restrictions like not being able to sell things on market until after account verification, not being able to buy certain items until after account verification but I believe its worth trying out. Why? Well, I will be doing an upcoming GW2 review! Stay tuned.
- Minecraft is coming out with a story-mode!! Yes the favourite game for tweens and closet Minecraft fans (like me) will get to play a character named Jesse and party with his friends as they journey to the Nether, The Farlands, the End and more. The story-mode is not developed by Mojang but by Telltale games, makers of the Walking Dead and the Wolf Among Us (two of my favourites). As a fan of story-driven games, I am SO excited. More information here.
- Indie Games to watch out for:
- Dragon Fin Soup Trailer: 2D Console RPG game with an affinity for food, alcohol and mayhem. With its’ beautifully rendered maps and characters and hilarious dialogue, I am definitely going to try it out.
- Grapple Trailer: You are a ball and you have the ability to grapple, swing, bounce and maneuver your way around different puzzle stages. The developer described his game in one sentence, “Spiderman in space.” Senpai, notice this.
We asked a friend to draw a banner for PAX 2015. The result is too fabulous to not share~